What is an alkaline diet?
An alkaline diet (also known as the alkaline ash diet, alkaline acid diet, acid ash diet, and acid alkaline diet), emphasizes alkaline foods such as whole fruits and vegetables and certain whole grains that can affect the acidity and pH in our bodily fluids and can be used to treat, fight, or prevent diseases such as cancer, pain, gout, diabetes, and heart disease.
Alkaline diet supplies the body with vitamins, minerals and nutrients required for the body to attain and maintain ultimate health. Proper pH balance of not what we eat, but of what we digest assimilates to our health, power, strength, and endurance. The alkaline diet greatly reduces acid load from our body, thus reduces the stress in our body’s acid-detoxification system such as our kidney.
Here are the lists of high alkaline foods:
Vegetables: Artichokes, Arugula, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Kale, Lettuce, Onions, Peas, Peppers, Spinach, tomatoes
Fruits: Apple, Avocado, Banana, Berries, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Melon, Lemon, Orange, Peach, Pear, Watermelon
Protein: Almonds, Chestnuts, Tofu
Spices: Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Sea Salt
Trying to go alkaline?
Our body requires approximately 20% of the diet to be derived from acid forming foods and about 80% of alkaline forming foods for health recovery; and, about 40% acid forming foods and 60% alkaline forming foods that can be properly digested to help maintain good health, which our body can also rob our energy, drain and weaken our health and energy of every cell in our body. An appropriate balance of acid-forming and alkaline foods can vary for each individual and according to their state of health.
The lack of knowledge and application of correct food combination is the greatest mistake in most alkaline balance diet users. Just because we eat two alkaline forming foods metabolize alkaline when eaten alone, does not mean that they will metabolize alkaline when combined. Incorrect application of alkaline food combination can result in indigestion, rob us of our reserves, greatly weaken our vital resistance, and produce a state of physiological collapse – all because of bad-combining practices.
Here are proper foods combining rules that will constitute a very healthy combining diet:
- Never eat carbohydrates foods and acid foods at the same meal – cause it will prevent carbohydrate digestion, and favors fermentation, meaning sour stomach.
- Never eat a concentrated protein and a concentrated carbohydrate at same meal – for, it depresses stomach activity and impedes starch digestion.
- Never consume two concentrated protein at the same meal – Or, it will call for different types of digestive characters and compositions in strength.
- Don’t consume proteins with fats – it can lessen the activity of the gastric acid, thus lower the entire digestive tone to more than 50 percent.
- Don’t eat acid fruits with proteins; Otherwise, there is a delayed in breakdown and retard protein digestion.
- Don’t consume starches with sugar together – results in fermentation, meaning sour stomach and stomach discomfort.
- Eat but one concentrated starch food at meal – to avoid over consumption of starches that may lead to sour stomach.
- Eat sugars (fruits) and starchy foods at separate meals – result in indigestion.
- Don’t consume melons with any other foods, for melons decompose rather quickly, thus don’t combine well with any foods, except with certain fruits.
- Milk is best when taken alone, or let alone; otherwise, prevents digestion of other foods.